Schmid Spa, leading converter company in the footwear industry, was founded in 1942 in Milan by Walter Schmid, native of Zurich. Until the Fifties, the company was mainly active in the distribution of German yarn for the production of footwear. During the birth of prêt-à-porter and Haute Couture in the Sixties, Schmid specialized in the manufacturing and distribution of fabrics and semi-finished technical products for the realization of shoes and leather goods, both nationally and internationally.
The Seventies, thanks to a special relationship of trust with the master craftsmen of Como, Varese and Tuscany, coincided with the international consolidation of the company for the quality of its products. The ability to manufacture top quality products, in co-operation with the major firms, is always a characteristics of all our Products, of the Specials, that are made for the most important Italian and foreign fashion houses, and of the Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer collections that are presented each year in the main national and international trade shows.
In the Eighties the Company extended its representatives’ network from Italy to Europe and the rest of the world, thus becoming a point of reference for the industry.
Located in S. Giuliano Milanese, today the company is fully owned by three businessmen who, due to their professional experiences, have been able to guarantee a solid management, combining entrepreneurial acumen and managerial skills.